Community Policing (CP) is a community-initiated “policing” efforts to create a safer living condition. CP is based upon a partnership between the police and the community whereby the police and the community share responsibility for identifying, reducing, eliminating and preventing problems that impact community safety and order.
Community Policing in this area was set up last year July 2012 under the jurisdiction of Community Policing Selangor with its Chairman, Mr Kuan Chee Heng together with the cooperation of Kelana Jaya Police Station under Chief Inspector Henry Saunders.
Mr. Vincent Brian Wong (from Claremont) is the District Supervisor for Community Policing Selangor – his area of coverage includes Ara Damansara, Lembah Pantai, Taman Putera Pantai, Damansara Lagenda, Damansara Idaman and NZX.
It is a NGO where members providing assistance strictly on volunteer basis. In ADIRAS, we currently have 11 active members.
CP’s Role and Responsibilities:
• Assisting the local police in crime prevention.
• To address and moderate police grouses and complaints made against the police.
• To provide free legal advice and necessary services to the public and police to ensure the justice and fairness of law.
• Assisting the local police in patrolling the housing areas.
• Assisting the local police in checking on our neighbor’s houses and properties when they are away.
• Assisting crime victims after any crime incidents- (Malaysia Crime Victim Help Association is a subsidiary of CP to assist in these)
• Assisting the police in securing crime scenes.
• Selected members also assist the police in apprehending crime suspects.
• Selected members also assist the fire department in fire fighting.
• To establish and enhance participation of local authorities effort and cooperation in crime prevention
• To advocate and educate public in creating safer concept through proactive community based programs
• Encourage and recruiting members of the public and community to volunteer as member of CP in preventing crime
If you plan to be away for while and would like the CP to help monitor your home, please click to download the “Balik Kampong” form – print it out and submit it to the:
* CP post at No 1, Jln PJU 1A/30A OR
* at the Ara Damansara Police Station at PJU 1A/1 OR
* at the Kelana Jaya Police Station.
If you’d like to join the CP, you may download the application form and the CP Mission statement form below:
~ Mission Statement ~
Going “Beyond Borders”
To Serve More Malaysians
In More Locations
Around The Clock
Our Vision Today
To foster bilateral beliefs, trust, respect,
understanding, responsibilities and embracing
smart strategies and solutions between the public
and police in crime prevention (within Selangor).
Our Vision Tomorrow
To go “Beyond Borders” to encompass all
communities within Malaysia through strategic
partnering with other community leaders and police.